Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation Uncategorized

GDC Donghua (Anime)1 min read

If you guys don’t follow our tumblr, then you’re missing out.

We announced earlier today where you can watch the first episode of the new donghua with English subtitles!

GDC

Most of us in the group have already watched it several times! There is no schedule for the episodes to be released but make sure to say thank you to the team making it available for those of us who don’t understand a lick of Chinese!

MANHUA:

Here.

DONGHUA: (Anime)

Here.

NOVEL:

Here.

Previous Chapter
Next Chapter
Exiledrebelsscanlations

About the Translator

We are a group that translates Japanese Yaoi manga and Chinese BL novels. Remember to comment on our chapters or leave a review and rating on Novel Updates, it encourages us!

75 Comments
Leen
July 10, 2018 12:23 pm

I actually watched until ep 2 in chinese..i dont care if i dont understand.. any thoughts about the animation??the background was beautiful… Im just not used to the characters movements..but im not being negative.. i love it.. i will love no matter what ..

Fanfic3112
July 10, 2018 12:42 pm

How did you watch the dongue? I clicked on the link and saw an announcement t page but couldn’t figure out how to actually watch the episode there! I’ve bern hoping for an anime on this forever and I’m so excited and want to watch! Do you have a link you could send me pleeesssee!!

Icesw
July 10, 2018 12:43 pm

I absolutely LOVE the music. Esprcially that scene where LWJ took down the arm. Urg. Shivers down my spine!
I love how they got someone to play WWX’s “terrible bamboo xiao noises” and they’re so hauntingly bad but good? like. Urg.
They spent a lot on the background art and the historical feel of everything, but I wish there were more animated background characters. They cut everyone nonessential out and it definitely has a weirder feel.

Wag2wag
July 10, 2018 12:59 pm

I don’t do tumblr anymore because I find the BL community likes to take jab at each other in a very unfriendly way so I appreciate you post this here.

Watch it and I love the animation, it’s beautiful although I watched it first in low resolution before I found out there higher resolution setting available LOL.

Admittedly I haven’t read the novel because I’m hoping you guys would release it in pdf eventually hopefully but right now i’ll go ahead with manhwa first =).

Leen
July 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Maybe im used to japanese anime..but isnt the movement of the characters not smooth?? Thats one of the things that i notice..plus lang wang ji was not as ethereal as i expected…

Mooduck
July 10, 2018 2:58 pm

I love it! Thank you for sharing it!

Ibiri
July 10, 2018 4:23 pm

You guys are a blessing!

Cheonsa4001
July 10, 2018 4:24 pm

I already watched episode 1 and 2 since I understand Chinese. It so freaking good. I seriously fell in love with the songs and sound coming out of the bamboo flutes and zither. I just love Chinese Traditional instruments and music. The animation was amazing. And the voice of each character fit so well. I can’t wait for the next episode to come out.

ZhammeShinramen
July 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Thank you so so so much! !!!!!!!! BIG HUG and MUAHHHHHH 😘😘😘

Texan
July 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Hah!! Guess i should have posted here instead of…gee now i can’t remember?? LMW 470 or GDC 55… Anyway i want to thank you for the link to the anime! It is actually ok considering all the changes. Most r ok i can deal with those, but the 23yrs WWXs passing—Uhuh! That change is gonna interfere with certain story developements such as Lin Jings story. Anyway Thank You again!!

Mizyu27
July 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Oh my gawsh ~ its soo GOoD !!! Just looove the song & the animation was AmAZiNG 🤣🤣👍👍

Nyan
July 10, 2018 7:09 pm

I’m excited for the donghua.
I like it so far, despite some changes. 🙂

Kayue
July 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks for the heads up. 😍

Ikemenkyatcha
July 10, 2018 8:05 pm

I just watched the first episode today and absolutely loved it! (Probably because I love this novel and the characters already so seeing it in animation is exciting) I can’t wait to see what else the animation will have in store but I already love Wei Ying in there as well as the appearance of Lan Zhan!

00phy00
July 10, 2018 8:08 pm

thank you!

Snumsnumric
July 10, 2018 9:00 pm

That was amazing 💞💞💞💞💞💞 so incredibly beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Lisyaoran
July 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Thank you for sharing, I didn’t know that its already out, btw, I found this video on Youtube, can someone help me identify if this video is a real live action of GDC?

Karai
July 10, 2018 11:41 pm

I just watched the video. Superbly done, and it would be soooo great if it really was the live action for GDC, but I saw the scenes from “Just one smile if very alluring” edited into it (Dashen Xiao Nai was casted as Young Master of the GuSu Lan Sect, Lan Zhan), so I don’t think it is a legit trailer, unless they really plan to cast the same actor for the two roles.

Ana2kia
July 11, 2018 12:09 am

I watched ep 1 and Id say im impressed how chinese animations improved. To people saying that they do not like the anime version of gdc bc they changed the plot i think you should stick with the book. I personally enjoyed it and this is my second chinese animation only that ive watched ever, after other chi-anime I forgot the same of. Since I usually watch either korean or japanese voices other than english(+2 other languages) it will take sometime to get used to chinese but over all I liked it even with changes to some scenes. I actually… Read more »

Yamada_elf
July 11, 2018 2:10 am

The donghua’s quite good but some things are different.
But anyways, thank you so much for the link~

Mepcat
July 11, 2018 2:19 am

it will be release every Saturday! i saw the schedule once.

July 11, 2018 2:19 am

Finally caught up 😍

Angello
July 11, 2018 2:54 am

Thank you! very much. I have been waiting for this anime for a long time.

Eternalhysteria
July 11, 2018 4:29 am

Waah the art is amazing! I love how they introduced WangJi ^^

Ebon
July 11, 2018 6:24 am

I totally love the melody of WWXs flute and LWJ guqin, fits their character to perfection.
Hope we can enjoy the full ost, so we can float in harmony while reading the novel.

1 2 3
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x